Nanotechnology Experience for Students and Teachers (NEST) - for TeachersFunded by the National Science Foundation, the Nanotechnology Experiences for Students and Teachers (NEST) is a two week summer program that provides a unique opportunity for high-school teachers to explore the interdisciplinary field of nanotechnology at IUPUI.
About the Program
- The program is for US citizens or permanent residents only.
- Teacher can receive up to 4,000 via stipend, tuition, supplies, and travel.
- The program pays a stipend of $2,000.
- Travel reimbursements of up to $1,000 will be covered to attend and present at a national conference.
- Up to $1,000 to purchase materials/supplies to assist teachers in transferring the research experience to their classrooms.
- Participants are required to attend entire two weeks, field trips, and follow-up academic year course module development workshops.
- Research experience and knowledge of careers in nanotechnology.
- Hands-on laboratory experiences in inquiry-based science.
- Participant-designed teaching modules.
- Connection to a professional network of other teachers, professors, and scientists.
- Professional development credits.
June 22 - July 3, 2020
To apply please complete the online Application Form (click here) and upload:
- A letter of recommendation from one of your references.
For PDF of the Program Flyer (click here)
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Mangilal Agarwal