Funded by the Human Resources Development (Engineering) at the National Science Foundation, this Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) is dedicated to nanomaterials for energy and biological applications. Annually, this site will provide 10 undergraduate students with a unique and immersive 10-week research experience infused with training and professional development programming. Nanotechnology represents an exciting and multidisciplinary topic at the forefront of discovery-based science and is well-suited to accommodate undergraduate researchers from a broad range of STEM disciplines.
About the Program:
- Must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Current freshman, sophomore, or junior at four-year colleges or students currently enrolled at community colleges
- Women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply
- Veterans of the U.S. Armed Services are also strongly encouraged to apply
- Students will receives stipend and travel.
- The program pays a stipend of $6,000.
- Travel and registration reimbursements of up to $1,000 will be covered to attend and present at a national conference.
- Non-Local Students
- Up to $2,275 for REU student participants to cover for 10 weeks in fully furnished Campus Apartments with kitchen and other appliances.
- Up to $500 for REU student participants to cover the round-trip ticket to travel to IUPUI.
- Participants are required to attend the entire 10 weeks, all weekly meetings, seminars, field trips, and workshops.
- Research experience and knowledge of careers in nanotechnology.
- Hands-on laboratory experiences in inquiry-based science.
- Connection to a professional network of other students, professors, and scientists.
- May 27 - August 3, 2024
To apply please complete the online Application Form click here and upload (1) Résumé and (2) A letter of recommendation from one of your references. Preference will be given to Applications recieved before February 1, 2024.
If you do not have a recommendation letter, you can have at least one of your reference send the letter of recommendation directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Mangilal Agarwal
Phone: (317) 278-9792